Forgotten Realms: Birthright
Moon elves, also known as Teu-tel-quessir in their own language, or as silver elves, are the most common of all the elven subraces. They are more tolerant of humans than their kin, and as a result, most half-elves are descended from Moon Elves.
The Teu-tel-quessir are tall, close to humans in height, but more slender and with finer features. Moon elf skin is pale, often with an icy blue hue. Their hair is often black, blue, or silvery white, although human-like colors are heard of as well, though very rare. Moon elf eyes are very commonly bright, light blues or greens. All exhibit a characteristic best described as golden flecks speckled through the iris. Male moon elves are typically taller than females.
Of all the elven subraces, moon elves are the most impulsive, with a strong distaste for complacency or isolation. Moon elves long to be on the road, traveling and exploring the untamed wilderness that lies between cities and nations. This extroverted quality is part of the reason why moon elves get along uncommonly well with other races,
It is not uncommon for a moon elf to take on the life of an adventurer. After all, moon elves are innately a race driven by wanderlust. Altogether, they are individualistic and most believe sincerely that each person can make a difference in the world, for better or worse.
- Ability Adjustments: +1 Dexterity, -1 Constitution.
- Movement Rate: 12
- Infravision: Elves can see varying degrees of heat in the darkness to a distance of 60’.
- Resistances: Elves are 90% resistant to Sleep and Charm related spells.
- Cultural Weapons: Elves are trained from a young age to use bows and swords. They gain a +1 to hit with all long and short bows, and all long and short swords.
- Stealthy: Elves gain a bonus to surprise opponents, as long as they are not in metal armour. They must also be alone, or with a party of those with similar abilities, or at least 90’ away from those who don’t share this ability. Opponents suffer a -4 to their rolls. If they must open a door or screen to attack, this penalty is reduced to -2.
- Perceptive: Elves can spot secret or concealed doors with relative ease. Merely passing within 10’ of a concealed door gives them a 1 in 6 chance to notice it. If actively searching for such doors, they have a 1 in 3 chance to find a secret door, or a 1 in 2 chance to find a concealed portal.
Regions: The woodlands of the Dalelands (Cormanthor), Evermeet, The High Forest, The North, Silverymoon, Evereska, and the Western Heartlands.
Racial Spells: Moon Elves can pick one spell from the following list when starting play: Affect Normal Fires, Audible Glamer, Charm Person, and Moonglow