Forgotten Realms: Birthright
The sun elves, also known as gold elves, or as high elves due to their noble heritage, and Ar-tel-quessir in their own language. Haughty and arrogant, sun elves typically feel they are superior to most other races, including other elves.
Sun elves are close to the height of humans, and have bronze-colored skin. Their hair is often red, copper, golden blond, or black. They typically have bright green eyes, though gold and silver are also common. Male sun elves are typically taller and heavier than females.
Sun elves believe that they stand as the sole protectors and inheritors of Corellon’s legacy. Patient and deliberate in most of what they do, they demonstrate an orderly nature uncommon to most elves, preferring to master a skill before applying it rather than learning as they go. Rushing things is not in their nature.
Their society is organized along firm and hierarchical traditions. Communities are typically run by members of an esteemed nobility, some of whom can trace their ancestry all the way back to the First Crown War. Family is everything to these noble creatures. They have been rare in Faerûn since the ‘Retreat’, in which the majority abandoned the continent for Evermeet. During the ‘Era of Upheaval’, however, some returned to their mainland strongholds and settlements.
They are less motivated to become adventurers than their wandering moon elven brethren and prefer, for the most part, to keep to themselves. Those who are driven into the world often do so as diplomats or scouts on the behalf of their people. Others might be drawn to adventure by a desire to explore the world or a desire to acquire knowledge. They aspire to expand their minds wherever possible and actively seek out ways to do so.
- Ability Adjustments: +1 Intelligence, -1 Constitution.
- Movement Rate: 12
- Infravision: Elves can see varying degrees of heat in the darkness to a distance of 60’.
- Resistances: Elves are 90% resistant to Sleep and Charm related spells.
- Cultural Weapons: Elves are trained from a young age to use bows and swords. They gain a +1 to hit with all long and short bows, and all long and short swords.
- Stealthy: Elves gain a bonus to surprise opponents, as long as they are not in metal armour. They must also be alone, or with a party of those with similar abilities, or at least 90’ away from those who don’t share this ability. Opponents suffer a -4 to their rolls. If they must open a door or screen to attack, this penalty is reduced to -2.
- Perceptive: Elves can spot secret or concealed doors with relative ease. Merely passing within 10’ of a concealed door gives them a 1 in 6 chance to notice it. If actively searching for such doors, they have a 1 in 3 chance to find a secret door, or a 1 in 2 chance to find a concealed portal.
Regions: Evermeet, The woodlands of the North, Silverymoon, Evereska and the Western Heartlands
Racial Spells: Sun Elves can pick one spell from the following list when starting play: Affect Normal Fires, Charm Person, Unseen Servant, and Phantom Armour